Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'll think of an awesome title for this someday.

A little something I just composed.  I'll probably kick myself later for posting it because I like to tinker with things for a long time and I'm sure I'll decide later that it looks better another way, maybe add a verse or two, and I'll definitely think of a way better title (currently I have none), but screw it, here it goes:


What can you do when
An economy collapses?
You send out your resume
But you won’t get any chances

You did well in school,
Hoped you’d be a success.
But soon you’ll be forced to
Eat your MLIS

The years still go by
And you’ve had no luck yet.
Your life has been ruined from
Your massive student debt

You flip burgers for nothing
But yet you’re still trying.
You’ve lost all your hope,
But you keep on applying

Maybe someday when
You’re a septuagenarian
You’ll be able to say that:
“I am a librarian.”

No comments:

Post a Comment